We are Sentry Alarms (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Sentry Alarms”). Our registered office is Lape House, Lower Hugus Road, Threemilestone, Truro, Cornwall, TR3 6BD.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we hold about you will be processed by us.
Sentry Alarms is a “Data Controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
The policy applies to all customers who have had security system work carried out by Sentry Alarms.
What information is collected?
In order to certify the systems we install and maintain them we need to collect full names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses in order for us to contact you to book your servicing in and send you your maintenance certificates and invoices.
We hold this information to enable us to comply with statutory obligations and to pursue our legitimate interests for the purposes set out below “How do we use your personal data”.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal information to provide you with our products and services and to allow us to schedule maintenance of your systems installed. Any remote help with CCTV or alarms that are networked and maintained by us.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal with our inspectorate SSAIB, to register your system to their certification program.
We also share your personal information with the police for part of any legal investigation or proceedings.
We may also share your personal information with insurance companies with regard to any insurance claim you may make.
Where we store your personal data
We store all of your personal details within a locked filing system and on our computer database. All protected by an approved alarm system and CCTV.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a admin fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
For any further information on handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (“ICO”). The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, or by email on email@example.com.
You can visit the ICO’s website by following this link https://ico.org.uk/.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Sentry Alarms. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us on 10872 261934.